Transporting Human Remains
A written request either to the embassy of Ethiopia in Brussels, or to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Addis Ababa.
The application should indicate that the expenses be covered by the applicant. It should also include the name and address of the receiving person in Ethiopia.
• Original and one copy of Death Certificate.
• Original and one copy of certificate from the funeral home showing that the remain has been
• Original and one copy of a letter issued by local authorities that the body is fit for transportation;
• Laissez-Passer for Corps issued by competent authority attesting that the remain is non-contagious;
• Security Certificate showing that the coffin is sealed in casket;
• Passport (or any Travel Document) of the deceased;
Note: There is no fee associated with this service.